A calendar of all our Christmas Services can be seen here
WE ARE OPEN AGAIN FOR
Because of continuing Covid regulations there are still a few rules to follow but here is all
the good news.
1. SINGING – as loud as you like BUT still wearing your mask.
2. PEW CUSHIONS have been replaced – very comfy again.
3. NO ADVANCE BOOKING REQUIRED – you can simply turn up every Sunday. Contact details will be taken for ‘track and trace’.
4. INCREASED CAPACITY – the gallery seating is now available too. This will help if we have any larger funerals.
5. TEA, COFFEE, CAKE AND CHAT – again available upstairs in the hall after Sunday worship. Covid arrangements in place – ‘track and trace’ information collected, table service (no convivial snaking queue across the floor), sensible, safe distancing please (no squashing 15 folk from 12 households around one table!)
Please come back to Church on Sunday – we all need to be together again and the lovely old building has missed you too.
The pre-recorded services from the United Church of Bute will continue and can be found on You Tube or follow the links below.
If you know someone who has no internet access they can listen to the service by telephone. Dial – a – Service on 01700 313 010
(you will be charged your usual local call rate your phone provider.)
Sunday 5th December 2021 Second Sunday of Advent
Sunday 28th November 2021 First Sunday of Advent
Sunday 14th November 2021 Remembrance Service
A link to all the previous ‘virtual’ services can be found here.
To DONATE to the United Church of Bute online use the Church of Scotland website here making sure that at Step 1 you select “Donate to a Congregation” and then, where requested to enter a name, you start typing “The United Church of Bute” and select. You can then follow the donation process through to payment by Paypal or card.
The Monday Discussion Group is going online – click here
The vision of the United Church of Bute is to be a “7 days-a-week church”, spreading Christ’s message through a highly motivated congregation, together serving and supporting our members and the wider community, through a variety of worship, the development of fellowship and the Christian care of those in need.
The United Church of Bute was formed in 1999 through the union of five Island congregations – Ascog, Craigmore St Brendan’s, Kingarth and Kilchattan Bay, North Bute, and Rothesay High Kirk. The united congregation has rationalized its buildings and now occupies a single church complex located in Rothesay on the site of the former Rothesay High Kirk.
The congregation numbers approximately 500 people and we are part of the Presbytery of Argyll. The parish covers the whole island of Bute – Rothesay, Port Bannatyne, Kilchattan Bay, Straad and rural areas. We form a Parish Grouping with our sister church Rothesay Trinity.
Click here for information on UCB and Coronavirus.
From the Church of Scotland Task Group on Tuesday 17th March 2020 –
“all gatherings for worship should cease until further notice …”
The United Church of Bute
Townhead, High Street
For information about forthcoming events check our News page.
Scottish Charity No. SC030563